1 1/4 c All-purpose flour
1/4 c Sugar
3 tb HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/4 ts Salt
1/3 c Vegetable oil
3 tb Cold water
3 oz Strawberry flavored gelatin
3/4 c Boiling water
1 1/2 c Chopped fresh strawberries
2 c Non-dairy whipped topping
1/2 c HERSHEY’S Chocolate Chips
1 ts Shortening
-(do not use butter,
– margarine or oil)
8 Whole strawberries
1. Prepare CHOCOLATE PASTRY.
2. In medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; cool slightly. Crush
strawberries or puree to equal 3/4 cup. Stir strawberry puree into
gelatin mixture; refrigerate until partially set (consistency of
unbeaten egg whites). Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture.
Spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until set.
3. Line tray with wax paper. In small microwave-safe bowl, place
chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute;
stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a
time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when
stirred. Dip whole strawberries into melted chocolate; place on
prepared tray. Refrigerate, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until
chocolate is firm. Just before serving, garnish pie with
chocolate-covered strawberries. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. 8
1. In medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt. In
measuring cup, place oil; add water. Do not stir. Pour liquid over
flour mixture; stir lightly with fork until well blended (if mixture
is too dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons additional cold water).
2. With hands, shape mixture into ball. Place between 2 pieces of wax
paper; roll into 12-inch circle. Peel off top sheet of paper.
3. Gently invert pastry over 9-inch pie plate; peel off paper. Fit
pastry into pie plate. Fold under extra pastry around edge; flute
edge. With fork, prick bottom and sides of crust thoroughly.
Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat oven to 450 F. Bake crust 10 minutes; cool
Hershey’s is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods Corporation.
Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.