Nonstick Cooking Spray
14 oz Semisweet Chocolate —
2 tb Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 c Rice Krispies
1/2 c Sweetened Coconut —
8 oz Bittersweet Chocolate —
2 tb Water
1 tb Unsalted Butter
1/8 ts Salt
1 1/4 c Heavy Cream
1/2 c Cream Of Coconut — (fx.
2 ts Vanilla Extract
Make the chocolate coconut crust:
1. Spray the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan well with nonstick
cooking spray. Melt the chocolate with the butter according to the
directions in the Chocolate Key.
2. In a large bowl combine the melted chocolate mixture with the
cereal and the coconut. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
Using a small offset metal cake spatula, spread the mixture evenly
onto the bottom and side of the pan, covering it completely.
Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
Make the filling:
1. Melt the chocolate with the water and butter according to the
directions in the Chocolate Key. Stir in the salt. Allow the chocolate
mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
2. In a large, chilled bowl combine the cream, cream of coconut and
vanilla. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the mixture until soft
peaks begin to form.
3. Using a large rubber spatula, fold one third of the whipped cream
mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Fold in the
remaining cream mixture.
4. Scrape the filling into the prepared crust, smoothing the top with
a cake spatula. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, until the
filling is set. Allow the cake to stand at room temperature for at
least 30 minutes before serving (the pie is very difficult to slice
PREPARATION: 1 hour plus chilling time. Allow the pie to stand at room
temperature for 30 minutes before serving.