2 c Strained squash
1 c Brown sugar
1 ts Cinnamon
1/2 ts Ginger
Salt to taste
2 c Milk
1/2 c Cream
Pie shell for a 10″ deep
(makes 10″ deep dish pie)
This recipe is from “Thansksgiving by the (Cook)Book” created by the
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Add sugar and seasonings to squash, mix, well.
3. Beat the eggs slightly, add milk and cream, beat well.
4. Add milk mixture slowly to squash mixture, beating gently to combine
well. Pour filling into the shell, being careful not to overfill.
5. Bake 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees and
bake for 40 minutes until a knife inserted slightly offcenter comes out
NOTE:”One Pie” brand squash works well, and pumpkin may be substituted.