1 Cabbage head,small,chopped
3 c Pork,cooked,diced
Salt to taste
1 Pastry for 9″ pie
1/4 c Butter or margarine
1 cn Chicken broth(14oz)
1 tb Angostura aromatic bitters
White pepper to taste
2 ts Caraway seeds
1. Saute onions in butter until golden.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, cabbage, broth, pork and bitters; cover and
cook until cabbage is tender, about
3. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
4. Prepare pastry, adding caraway seeds.
5. Roll out pastry on lightly floured board to 1/8-inch thickness;
cut out six 6-inch circles to top six 5-inch pie pans.
6. Divide filling equally among pie pans; top with crusts, allowing
pastry to hang 1/2 inch over pan sides.
7. Cut a cross on the center of each pie; pull back pastry points to
open tops of pies.
8. Bake in preheated 400’F. oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until crust is
brown and filling is bubbly.