1 lb Lean ground beef,pork,veal
1 ts Water,hot
Salt to taste
Black pepper,freshly ground
Hot pepper sauce to taste
1 Garlic clove,minced
2 tb Parsley,chopped
3 Green onion tops,chopped
Vegetable oil for deep-fryin
4 c Flour,all-purpose
1/2 ts Baking soda
2 ts Baking powder
1/2 c Vegetable shortening
1 c Milk
1. In large skillet, combine all ingredients except Pockets and
2. Cook over low heat, stirring, until meat is done.
3. Put spoonful of meat mixture in center of each pocket; fold over
dough and pinch edges together to seal.
4. Deep-fry in fat until brown.
5. Drain on paper towels.
*** POCKETS ***
1. Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender.
3. Add milk and form dough; divide dough into egg-size pieces.
4. Roll each piece of dough into a circle 6 inches in diameter; set